How to become a member
Join our network of local tourism and related businesses
Our area has a rich tourism offer and our many tourism and leisure businesses have a shared interest in increasing visitor numbers and visitor spend.
Although individual businesses conduct their own advertising and marketing campaigns, to a greater or lesser extent, there is also a largely unmet need for collective efforts on a bigger scale that cannot be attempted by individual businesses and that also market the area as a whole.
Research has shown that awareness of Offaly as a destination is poor and while there is no negative perception to overcome, there is great potential to raise its profile as a day trip, short break and holiday destination and to promote the rich heritage and natural beauty of the area. Offaly Tourism Network will promote the entire county without boundaries through its website www.offalytourism.com.
Who can subscribe?
Any business in County Offaly can subscribe if they consider they have an interest in the tourism and leisure sector.
• Accommodation providers such as hotels, B&Bs, guest houses, self-contained accommodation, holiday centres;
• Food outlets such as food producers, restaurants, cafes and pubs;
• Sports and related activity providers and suppliers including walking, golf, sailing, fishing, water sports, cycling;
• Attractions and activities including leisure centres, wildlife/nature attractions, monastic sites, museums, amusement arcades and so on;
• Transport businesses such as coach operators, taxi services;
• Leisure-related businesses of interest to visitors - e.g. day spas, health and beauty establishments, gift shops, independent retailers;
• Non-commercial organisations such as local authorities and chambers of commerce with an interest in tourism and leisure.
What are the benefits of subscribing?
Subscribers to Offaly Tourism Network:
• Receive a business listing and photographic image with a link to their business website on www.offalytourism.com;
• Can communicate any promotions or events for listing on the Offaly Tourism website and on our social media pages and also with other subscribers to the network;
• Are offered the opportunity to participate in all relevant promotional projects initiated by Offaly Tourism Network.
What is the cost of subscribing and other costs?
• Standard member subscription is €80.00 per annum, to include Business Name, Address, detailed Business Description and photographic images.
• Basic Membership subscription fee of €40.00 for a business listing, to included phone number & address, plus website link. This membership is also open to non-business persons who wish to take an active role in promoting tourism in the county through OTN.
• Premium membership to include advertising banner on request
Membership renewal date is 1st January each year. New members joining up during the year will be charged at a pro-rata rate for the remaining calendar months.
Please note only good quality photographic images can be used on the website.